Missing couple found dead in Naivasha home
The search for a missing Naivasha couple has ended in a tragic end. Decomposing bodies of the couple were yesterday found locked in their house in Raini village, 20km from Naivasha town.
A foul smell emanating from the house led to recovery of the bodies as police moved in to launch investigations.
Emotions ran high as family and friends moved in to view the bodies.
Naivasha OCPD Samuel Waweru confirmed the incident, saying preliminary investigations pointed to carbon monoxide from a jiko.
“We can’t, however, rule out murder at this moment. Only a post-mortem will establish the real cause of the deaths,” said Waweru.
A village elder, Peter Wachira, said the two had been working in a local quarry when they went missing a week ago.
Neighbours thought they had travelled upcountry but got concerned following a foul smell from their house.
“On checking, they noticed the house was locked from inside and the bodies could be seen lying on the bed,” he said.
And in the nearby Kinungi Village, a 35-year-old farm worker committed suicide by hanging himself in his house in unclear circumstances.
His employer found the body hanging from the roof of his house and called police.
A friend, Jim Kimani, said that in the last couple of days, the deceased had been in low spirits over some money he owed various people.
“He claimed some people he owed money were harassing him. It never occurred to us that he could end up killing himself,” he said.
The body was moved to a local mortuary as police launched investigation.